About the Journal
YU-WRITE: Journal of Graduate Student Research in Education (YU-Write) is a student-run, non-profit, open-access journal aiming to spotlight graduate students' research in education.
YU-WRITE was founded in 2022 at York University's Faculty of Education which aims to support the writing development of graduate students at York University and other institutions nationally and internationally.
YU-WRITE accepts papers from graduate students in any institution nationally and internationally working within the field of education. This may include:
- Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research with a leaning toward education
- Early Childhood Education to Post-Secondary Education
- Education beyond formal contexts (including but not limited to diverse and emerging forms of teaching and learning, spaces, and places)
- Futurist aspirations: what kind of futures do we want to have? Rebuilding, speculative futures
- Theoretical orientations/positionings (critical pedagogies, literacy, educational philosophies)
- Ways of Knowing
- Graduate research studies and reports in exploratory, theoretical, and/or practice-based research
- Research-creation and arts-based research
Our content for the journal includes:
- Graduate student research reports
- Inspiring book/film/art reviews
- Creative submissions
- Post-conference proceedings
If you are interested in submitting, please click the Make a Submission button.
This issue features current works from graduate students with research areas in education.